[ASH] ASH #125 - City of Night Part 6: Doorway Into Night

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Oct 24 15:12:24 PDT 2021

On 2021-10-11 11:18, Dave Van Domelen wrote:

>       A normal breeze was blowing now, as fresh air mixed into the stagnant
> air of Berlin for the first time in days.  He noticed that his onboard comm
> feed was no longer just what was being piped in through Hemera's door, but
> instead the full array of signals that were part of modern life.
>       Lady Sable collapsed in a heap, her scream reduced to a wheeze.

It seemed like a traditional ending to me, but suspenseful and very well
done.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.