SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1992 #12: I Kil'd a B'ar

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Oct 4 17:26:58 PDT 2021

This is it - the end of the Doom Bear!  TO BE CONCLUDED - in one week!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1992.htm#12

Bonus Section:  2005 Reprint Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson!
Paean to Ellipsis

I am not usually given to praising Ellipsis.  But he had just been
tortured with extreme cold.  He came back to inspire his team and defeat
the Doom Bear.  Indeed, he seems to have absorbed the same power he was
storing for the Doom Bear - and then released it into Happy Bear space.
Yeah, he can figure out how to do that.  *And* he stood guard over his
team as they took publicity photos of their victory - after they took
photos of him.

I have it on good authority, though, he checked into the Dove Mercy
Hospital of Buffalo-New York for recuperation.  Of course, that was not
publicized at the time. Backup staff, not involved in the Doom Bear
fight, provided security...  Oh, that's why we didn't see the whole team.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.