[SOM] The School Drabble #7 - What Price Power?

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Sat May 29 21:50:19 PDT 2021

                         Drabbles of The School
                         #7 - What Price Power?
                    copyright 2021 by Dave Van Domelen

     "So...what's the ultimate price of magic?" I asked Ms. Cerulean.  While
she was mostly a field operative, she did come back to The School to check up
on her recruits.
     "Who says it MUST have a price?  Oh, for Wizards the price is paid up
front, in study and sleepless nights.  You're familiar with that price.  But
for Magical Girls...and you...it's just another inherited trait.  You're not
going to turn into a demon or die from overuse of your powers.  I mean,
what's the ultimate price of having red hair?"
     I considered.  "An increased tendency to sunburn?"

Author's Notes:

     The 100 word limit is just for the part between the === lines.

     Wrote this after watching the final episode of Puella Magi Madoka
Magica.

     For more about The School, my take on magical girls, see:

     http://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/School/index.html