SW10/WWW: Power-Star Comics 1984 Part 2: Hyper-Power Crisis Wars!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Mar 30 16:14:15 PDT 2021

... Yeah, I know I already published Powernaut 1985 Part 1, Hyper-Power
Crisis Wars.  This is the long-missing prequel.  It will be five strips
eventually.  One is finished, and two more are in black-and-white preview.

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1984b.htm

I assigned myself this mission, before jumping into Powernaut 1992.  But
1992 (Part 1) is now plotted.

Two relevant Wikis:

- Manly-Man!  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/wiki/Manly-Man.htm

- The Doom Bear!  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/wiki/Doom_Bear.htm

Bonus Section: 2005 Reprint Commentary from Stephen Oliver Samuels
(S.O.S.)! Heroes vs. Toys II

In 1984 we were really vigilant about threats against the nation. These
didn't qualify then (as far as I heard). They were more like breakfast
cereal ad campaigns.

In 1985 we would learn differently. But that's another year.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org