LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #226: LNH vII #51, 52, and some add-ons

Martin Phipps imeldaphipps2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 03:34:50 PST 2021

On Monday, December 20, 2021 at 9:27:37 AM UTC+8, holland... at gmail.com wrote:

> It wasn't the presence of gay characters, but your handling of them, that folks objected to - many of the folks who raised those objections were themselves LGBTQ+, and were speaking from a place of experience.

My description was accurate.  It's like saying that a person could not write Flatulence Lad unless he farted a lot.  People at the time were missing the whole point of the LNH.  We too ordinary characteristics like sleeplessness or apathy and we described them as superpowers.  Why could we not do the same thing with homosexuality?  Do I have to be gay to create homosexual characters?  Do I have to be a woman to create female characters?  Do I have to be black to create black characters?  This is why comics characters in the 60s were mostly white, male and straight.  I hope people can understand this.  If people from back then are still around then I would appreciate a sincere apology from every single one of them.

Martin