LNH/LNH20/JE/8FOLD/MISC/PRECOG: State of the Jeanne

deucexm deucexm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 11:05:34 PST 2021

This is a very good and relatable post.

On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 12:31:07 PM UTC-6, Jeanne Morningstar wrote:
> There's a real struggle for ADHD/autistic/otherwise brainweird creators
> where we keep starting new projects, getting super excited about them,
> burning out completely and then only being able to get back onboard by
> starting a new project, where the cycle continues.

Hahaha /yikes/.  Drew can attest to how often I talk about this with them.

> There's also winter depression, COVID depression, politics depression,
> trans depression... So yeah.

4/4 on those as well.

> And I've really been encouraged by the little burst of activity we're
> having now. It's exciting to have new posts from Dave Van Domelen,
> Amabel Holland and Ben Rawluk again, even as I'm still so busy it's hard
> to keep up.

It's always a pleasant surprise when people continue writing!  Life can be
dreadfully dreary without creative pursuits, whether yours or someone else's.

> So with that in mind, I'm going to do a brief inventory of my own on the
> various RACC stories I started, where I'm going with them and how soon
> they'll (probably) get done.

I have a list for the DiVerse too, but it is a massive pile of unfinished work
at this point because of the aforementioned burnout issues.  There's one in
particular that has yet to be written (although its skeleton is sitting there in
the closet, occasionally glaring at me as it waits impatiently to be enfleshed)
that would serve to dimensionally link the DiVerse and... some incarnation of
the LNH, I'm still not sure which, through a library.  Like so many others, I
just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Some day.

> Besides all this, I have other stories that may or may not end up being
> posted here, but I'll wait to say anything about that until I can do
> that. For now, I just want to thank everyone who's still writing and
> posting here.
>

> Jeanne Morningstar

To turn a phrase, your writing is great and you should feel great!  <3