LNH: Hungry, Hungry Sabertooths #48: "A Simple Plan"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Dec 8 15:50:35 PST 2021

On 2021-12-04 08:45, Drew Nilium wrote:
> For, though DeltaKiwi Megantereon was a fusion of so many beings, it was
> Simplicity's thoughts and Simplicity's will directing it, and when it
> laughed, low and loud and rumbling thru the ground and sky, its voice
> was Simplicity's. "Heroes gathered to fight the villains... I have bad
> news! Only one of you can fight me at a time! This is the simplification
> I lay upon this narrative!"
>
> And Chaos Theory felt the rule, like cosmic law, settle into place. This
> was why all the narrative strands were leading here, to the Bandshell,
> in this moment. Simplicity had retroactively pulled the narrative
> towards this one final conflict, making all of their fights his.

I rather like this development.  The narrative makes a good case for
coming to a conclusion unlike the Spoon of Destiny didn't.  And I enjoy
where this conclusion seems to be going.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.