DIVA/META: The Platinum Line

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Sep 21 17:16:50 PDT 2020

On 2020-09-20 20:22, deucexm wrote:

> CAN I BECOME A PLATINUM HERO?
>
> You, dear readers?  Well, it’s highly irregular, but…
>
> I suppose with the power (and capricious nature) of the Whisper, many things are
> possible.  If the Founder can approve new branches of the Line within the
> DiVerse, why not outside it as well?  All you need is some superpowers -
> mystical, magical, technological, otherwise - of your own, and a willingness to
> follow the Platinum Creed.  And of course their approval.
>
> Perhaps to finish, an examination of the Creed itself would serve well.

... I liked this section.  But upon examination of the Creed, even most
of the Powernauts would not qualify.  Powernaut 1968 ("Professor
Powernaut") *might*, and he probably *knows* of the Platinum Line.  I'll
let you know if he wants to apply.  8{D>

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org