LNH: Burst Beetle Tweseveny #9: "2007: The Umpire's Call and the Last Rung's Fall!"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Sep 7 18:06:39 PDT 2020

On 2020-09-04 19:33, deucexm wrote:
> AUGH this is so good.
>
> I know we just talked about it but the sheer energy that you infuse your works
> with, the very Drew-specific touches in each piece, all of it is wonderful.
> The characters are relatable and often lovable, and they feel /full/ - they
> have depth, they're not just flat names and powersets.  And of course the high
> intensity tokusatsu styling (particularly since I've been watching so much
> Kamen Rider recently) is a delight - it doesn't feel like a copy or rip-off,
> it is very much you being you.
>
> A joy to read, and I look forward eagerly to the next installment.

I can't narrow down to one passage I liked, but I liked the whole thing.
  And you make me curious about M-Plot and Burst Beetle XOX.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org