LNH/LNH20: Cover Gallery #1012i/#50i????

Jeanne Morningstar mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 11:58:47 PDT 2020

Members of the Classic and LNH20 Legion are battling it out in space,
with the Classic Legion coming in from the left and the Twentyverse
Legion from the right. In the center of the cover Ultimate Ninja [II]'s
katana clashes with Nerf Girl's Sword of Sig. Fearless Leader (classic)
charges in opposite Fearless Leader  (20), Merissa agiainst Pantra,
Cheesecake Eater Lad against Otherkin Lad. Catalyst Lass stands on an
asteroid in one corner pointing the team onward, and January Frost in
another.

In the corner, Doc Nostalgia is fighting it out with Kid Not Appearing
In Any Retcon Hour Story. Doc Nostalgia is holding up the issue number
#1012 and Kid NAIARRHS is holding up #50, and they're each trying to
shove their number into the corner box.

[A banner on top says "Special 50th issue!" with "50th" hastily crossed
out and replaced by "1012th" in red ink.

Caption: This is the big one! Two legions! Brought together by the
Collector and the Speculator to fight the ultimate battle--for the issue
number!]

====

Notes:

I was thinking again about comics renumbering shenanigans, and the two
Squirrel Girl series which are referred to as Squirrel Girl (2015) and
Squirrel Girl (2015B). One advantage of the LNH over official superhero
comics is that both are extremely silly but the LNH . Squirrel Girl is
one of the few comics that really does and it's better because of that.
The LNH is on that level all the time but it's also exciting and
harrowing sometimes too. The tonal variation in the LNH makes it a
really powerful source of imaginative energy. It's also been one of the
most supportive environments I've ever been in as a trans person, an
important source of personal growth and figuring out my identity, and it
helped me meet the love of my life, so thanks to everyone who helped
make all that possible. Sorry, this is an anniversary issue so I had to
get sentimental for a little bit.

And I'm sorry this one took so long to write, Drew. :P

Jeanne Morningstar