LNH: Hungry, Hungry Sabertooths! #21: The Watcher

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Oct 24 20:15:17 PDT 2020

On 2020-10-24 11:52, Drew Nilium wrote:

> A beautiful red-haired woman stood there, dressed in jeans and a wool T-shirt
> with "CLONE" stenciled on it and carrying a flamethrower. "I am *so angry*  at
> the East Coast Brotherhood of Net.Villains!" she said, glaring at Agent
> Bennigan. "Are *you*  a member of the East Coast Brotherhood of Net.Villains?"
>
> "Nope," said Agent Bennigan.
>
> "Damn!" said the clone, and ran off to find an East Coaster to set on fire.
>
> Now he truly had the power to carry out the goals of the LNH-Readers-Who-Are-
> Sick-To-Death-With-These-Damn-Neverending-Events-Liberation Front. And it would
> be so, *so* simple to fix everything.

 From Beyond, Psychovant watched.  He'd been dispatched to the
Looniverse once, with remote monitoring tech.  He'd of course taken
control of this tech.  And he had a *history* trying to shut down Damn
Neverending Events there.

He said, "Damn, *simple* is what the LNH needs!  Never thought the
Whatsit Liberation Front could be that!  Especially not with a
thirteen-word name like their real one!  Now I gone and complicated
things!  That Swedish dude's just gonna do what he wants."

He sighed.  "...Oh, well, maybe I should take time out and think about
next.  I already found the best masseuse in Power City..."

So he head-dialed an appointment for that afternoon.

> ====
>
> Author's Note: Ring of Simplification created by Rob Rogers, used with
> permission! It has "the power to reduce anything to its simplest form". For
> more information, see The Adventures of Easily-Discovered Man #41-44.
>
> Drew "tying stuff together" Nilium

As we all know, Psychovant does not always make logical decisions
because he's CRAZY.  (Case in point, in Powernaut 2014 he went to visit
one doomed universe - and from there into RACCcon 2014 got sucked into
another *incredibly* doomed one.)  RACC can probably get along without
him for a bit.  But then he's crazy, so who knows.

(Psychovant is already Not Reserved, or whatever the LNH term is in this
continuum.  Technically, he is under Creative Commons public license.  I
hereby release Imperilus to that license also.  I do this when I give
characters to the universe.  One would have to *give* Imperilus the
power to go back, and he ain't going to agree.)

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org