LNH: Hungry, Hungry Sabertooths! #2pi: "18.84955592154... Plus a Sudden Jolt of Motivation Means Big Trouble For the Looniverse!"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Oct 21 21:49:34 PDT 2020

On 2020-10-21 21:09, Drew Nilium wrote:

> When the Living Moderator had approved the restructuring of the
> Looniversal narrative, the toxic cosmic magic of Neme.sys had been
> shunted into a bubble timeline, labeled Earth-Combover. While it
> theoretically contained a duplicate of the entire Looniverse and all
> its inhabitants, only those beings who needed to narratively interact
> with its drama would truly experience it; and once it naturally
> collapsed, the timelines of its inhabitants would merge with those
> of the mainline Looniverse, minimizing the damage.
>
> But something was wrong. Earth-Combover had been sealed under layers
> and layers of Hypertext Time, in the Deepest Omnilooniverse. Yet
> somehow, some kind of Drama was leaking thru from Looniverse-A!
>
> If this went on, the collapse might be postponed; it might even
> stabilize into a long-term divergent timeline, trapping those
> versions of the Loonivearth's people in that world. Worst of all
> would be if it somehow overwrote the restructured timeline, but that
> could only happen with the power of some kind of cosmic being capable
> of merging different timelines into one, so it wasn't a big concern.
>
> Still, something was very Odd here, and worse, potentially personally
> annoying for Chaos Theory. So they leapt thru the layers of reality,
> looking for its source, and letting the narrative energy of a
> disrupted future flow thru them and past...
Oh, my.  Chaos Theory is getting into a nightmare scenario!  However
shall that one survive, in a universe as craxy as that??  :O

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org