LNH: Hungry, Hungry Sabertooths! #12: "Cheesy Self-Care Advice"

Drew Nilium pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 08:19:09 PDT 2020

On 10/20/20 10:46 AM, Jeanne Morningstar wrote:
> On 10/20/20 2:23 AM, Drew Nilium wrote:
<snip>
>  > His cosmic wrist bands could generate nearly-unlimited
>  > quantities of dairy, shunted straight from the domain of Bessie-18,
>  > god-queen of the Galactose Quadrant, in reward for his services.
> I think this was an SCP too.

X3 Probably

>  > Tho he supposed that origin might change once the rest of Retcon Year
>  > came out.
> At that point I think he's operating as a smaller-scale "self made hero" type
> and the cosmic wristbands would be something he gets when the LNH gets bigger
> and cosmic-er over time. But, having him get that at a pivotal moment could be a
> nice dramatic beat. hmmm...

That'd make sense! But either way, really :>

>  > Some were more social; he'd been trying to reconnect to Parking Karma Kid,
>  > wReamhack and Cannon Fodder, not to bring back the old days, but to find
>  > the core of the friends who'd made him so happy before in who they were now.
>  >
> This is some Extremely Good relationship building. *makes a note to emphasize
> those relationships when they get back to RY*

:3 For the latter group, I'm drawing on Arthur's comments about the wReam Pack
at the end of the Infinite Leadership Crisis.

>  > She sighs. "I've
>  > taken
>  > to organizing the... paper clip collection my uncle apparently had...?"
> Perfect.

:3

>  > She slammed her fist on the desk. "We're locked up and
>  > suffering and we're just *pawns*."
> I'd been thinking about how interesting it is now that Ultimate Ninja and Dr.
> Killfile had both been replaced by second-generation characters created by Tom
> Russell. There's a natural opposition there and there's some good ground for
> long-term archenemyship being laid here.

Yesssssss :D That nemesisery feels so natural with the history of these
characters, even tho their predecessors rarely directly fought. (Maybe Nina ends
up cutting off Carolyn's hand at some point.)

>  > "It's always hard, but the secret to getting thru it is just..." Here
>  > goes... "Taking care of ourselves and taking care of each other."
>  >
> Aww good. I love the sincerity here and it's very in character for CEL.

It is!! I think of him as possibly the most grounded LNHer, and one of the most
sincere - going back to my LNH v2 issue about the Messiah of Sincerity.

>  > Author's Notes: House Representative Commie-in-a-Metal-Suit is a
>  > Looniversal
>  > equivalent to the likes of Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez - a progressive
>  > firebrand.
>  > I'm hoping to get more into her backstory later.
>  >
> Very good. (I feel like there are a lot of political debates about the
> effectiveness of what she does in the Morlock-y anarchist continuities we set up.)

Yessssss. <3

> Anyway this was a great issue, very sweet and also set up some nice long term
> relationship dynamics, and it's just what I needed to read when I'm about to get
> in line to vote. (My state does not allow vote by mail, sigh.)

Thank you and good luck!

Drew "mutual aid!!" Nilium