LNH: Hungry, Hungry Sabertooths #27: "Interview with the Scaryghost"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Nov 25 19:18:17 PST 2020

On 2020-11-24 19:40, Drew Nilium wrote:

> "Well like!" Scary Ghost Lass seemed to be putting her hands on her
> hips under the sheet. "If demons can just run around being big jerks
> and murdering cute little girls, it doesn't make sense that they're
> in charge down there, and get to poke people who never murdered
> anybody with pointy sticks! And I just kinda told them that, and they
> agreed with me, and next thing you know we're an army a thousand
> strong marching on the demense of Net.phistopheles!" She revealed a
> crayon poster of a lot of stick-figure people running toward an
> evil-looking castle, with the bedsheet ghost in the front, still lit
> from above.

In general I have to wonder if rebellions among the damned really
improve anything.  But this was a good way to do it.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org