LNH: Hungry Hungry Sabertooths #6pi.VI.6: "Tragedy and Trenchcoats" [3/3]

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 15:18:14 PST 2020

On Tuesday, November 3, 2020 at 7:24:19 AM UTC-7, Jeanne Morningstar wrote:

> "Obscure Trivia Lad was wondering how you were doing," said Obscure
> Trivia Lad.
>
> "Oh, I've had better days..." said Occultism Kid. He told him about all
> the difficulties and problems he'd faced, the ones he was allowed to
> talk about, at least.
>
> And from behind Obscure Trivia Lad's eyes, through the devices Mr.
> Homage had installed in his body when he'd brought him back from the
> dead, Anti-Christ Lad watched and listened.

Not even obscure trivia is safe.  That's where we are.  2020.

> ====
>
> Notes:
>
> And now we know why OTL came back--with no explanation--in the same
> issue as the two Brotherhoods were established. [LNH Volume 2 #41]
>
> Originally this was going to be much more of a direct response to
> Arthur's issue and discussion about Ultimate Ninja, but there were
> long-term narrative thoughts I had about Occultism Kid as a character
> and his narrative role, going back to Beige Midnight, which kind of ate
> this issue. I do have a vague idea for a WikiLull issue that can help
> bridge the conceptual gap somewhat with Ultimate Ninja, engaging with
> some of the discussion we've had--it'd be called Ultimate Ninja RIP, of
> course. But I'm probably writing too many issues as it is so that is on
> the back burner for now. [Please stop doing that--Occultism Kid]

Yeah, this works.  I can buy the Ultimate Ninja having some post Beige Midnight
change (maybe caused by all that Midgard Serpent venom slowing killing him)
that makes him look at the world differently and heading him towards where
he went.

Arthur "Anyways, enjoyable issue..." Spitzer