LNH: Hungry Hungry Sabertooths #6pi.VI.6: "Tragedy and Trenchcoats" [1/3]

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 10:03:00 PST 2020

On Tuesday, November 3, 2020 at 9:23:07 AM UTC-5, Jeanne Morningstar wrote:
> HUNGRY, HUNGRY SABERTOOTHS!
> #6pi.VI.6: "Tragedy and Trenchcoats"
> A tale of resolutions, (self-)recriminations and reflections by Jeanne
> Morningstar
>
> Note: the first scene of this issue takes place during #6pi.III.2, I *guess*

:D That's my fault! :3

> Occultism Kid floated around the LNHQ in his astral form, looking for
> plots to try and resolve. He had the sense that this story was trying to
> tie up some of the plot complications so it can move on to the next
> phase of the narrative and then re-complicate itself again.

Pretty much~

> Drifting outside the LNHQ, Occultism Kid saw Imperilus preparing to take
> on the Black Halo and Scary Ghost Lass. They'd been stuck there for a
> while, now. Occultism Kid sensed a bit of a blockage preventing this
> plot from moving forward. He decided to take a step outward and think of
> the plot as a structural puzzle.

Oooooh, interesting.

> Imperilus was a classic Vegeta type, of the Garou from One Punch Man
> subtype. He was based on Namor, but Namor was Vegeta before Vegeta was
> Vegeta. This particular version possessed no power except the power of
> Determination with a capital D, but everyone who read shonen manga knew
> that this was enough power to take on a god.

X3 Very well put.

> Black Halo, on the other hand, was a blatant example of an antagonist
> from an early arc who joins the heroes. That meant they would put up a
> good fight against the current antagonist, but they wouldn't win. They'd
> just delay him until someone who could plausibly play the role of The
> Hero came long. But because of the quarantine, that would be hard, so
> Occultism Kid had to stall him until that happened.

Hmmmmmm, that makes sense. With the early arc in question being an offscreen fanfic. o3o

> "I'm not scared of anything!" snarled Imperilus. "And I'm *definitely*
> not scared of a little girl!"
>
> Scary Ghost Lass walked up to Imperilus and looked him in the eye.
> "Boo!" she said.
>
> Suddenly Imperilus screamed and fell over.

X3 <3 Amazing

> She was now drawn with much more sketchier, more detailed lines that
> looked a little bit like Junji Ito. Imperilus could definitely see that
> she was a little girl wearing a sheet, but he had a sense that maybe he
> didn't want to see what was under the sheet.
>
> "BOO," she said, whispering into his ear.
>
> Imperilus screamed and fainted.

oh my god XD XD XD <3 <3 <3

> "It would seem thy sojourn in the afterworld hath given thee a secondary
> mutation--powers over fear, as great as one of the Fear Lords of mine
> own realm, even Mara herself!" said Black Halo.

Lovely!

> Imperilus woke up and saw a crowd of LNHers bearing down on him. He
> cracked his knuckles. "Now THAT'S more like it!" he said. He charged in
> in true one-to-twenty-seven battle-manga-villain fashion.
>
> ----
>
> "Hey! Where'd he go!" said Scary Ghost :Lass.
>
> "Oh, I sent him to a place where he won't be a problem for a while.
> After all, where better to send someone named Imperilus than to the
> Peril Room?"

Ah, of course X3

> He turned to speak to the Black Halo, but no one was there. He sighed
> when he realized the whole plotline with them and Imperilus had in fact
> been shunted a day ahead. [#6pi III.2--Footnote Girl]

There we go. <3

> "No, I mean why you're in the story. Usually ghosts come back for a
> reason.

<Enthusiasm> It's fine!! <3

> "Thank you," said Occultism Kid. "The Bandshell is where it will all
> end. That's something, at least." With that, he realized he was feeling
> that telltale been-in-astral-form-for-too-long headache, and headed back
> for his body.

Ooooh ya, gotta get some electrolytes in ya.

Drew "not sure why I did that accent" Nilium