LNH: WikiLull: Pre-Final Epilogue, AKA President Evil #6: A-Pack-O-Lies Now [2/2]

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Nov 1 19:39:26 PST 2020

On 2020-10-31 17:37, Jeanne Morningstar wrote:

> I nodded. "Thanks. You're a sweet kid. I'm still worried, though. I'm
> just some randomly generated character from a weird unfinished cascade.
> I'm scared I'll get forgotten and no one will ever write about me again."
>
> "What you symbolize," said Masterplan Lad, "is the inherent queerness of
> superheroes, which so often gets erased or forgotten, as when Robert
> Kanigher took over Wonder Woman from William Moulton Marston and made
> her spend all her time swooning over Steve Trevor. But there were still
> people who remembered. And there'll be people who remember you too."
>
> "So you can sense my future?" said Forgotten Gal.
>
> "I can sense the general course of your narrative development."

I do not have a personal interest in developing LNH back-history.  But I
admire that someone *does*.  It could use that.  (I still have extensive
plans for developing Powernaut - etc. back-history.)

I found this story impressive, and topical in an old-timey way.  (I'm so
old, I remember when even the worst Presidents were at least civil!)

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org