SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2008 #11: Field Trip!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun May 24 21:35:01 PDT 2020

On 2020-05-22 15:58, Drew Nilium wrote:
> On 5/22/2020 12:01 AM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>> On 2020-05-21 09:53, Drew Nilium wrote:
>>
>>> And what's the deal with the French nationalists. :o Is it like
>>> nationalists here where they are Categorically Awful People or??
>>
>> It's probably not important to the plot of Powernaut Comics, but I
>> think of them as Categorically Awful People.  Every European nation
>> has its "shut off the borders" crowd, and I've heard about the French
>> ones.  Oh, please, why do they think French people look different from
>> German people.
>
> Ahhhhhh. Gotcha gotcha, that scans. @-@
>
> Drew "the *really* old-timey racism" Nilium

I tried to put in my opinion of them (and some other protesters) in the
strip.  They've walked out in front of a car, against traffic laws (or
so I imply).  The driver honks and says, "You $#!+s".  The marchers say,
"Not Important."

(Maybe I could put in translations.)

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org