8FOLD/META: Recap For My Sweetie

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu May 21 21:17:04 PDT 2020

When I saw the title, I immediately knew who it was for, and I
identified with that audience.  So I knew I had to read the recap.
8{D>

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org