SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2008 #11: Field Trip!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu May 21 21:01:42 PDT 2020

On 2020-05-21 09:53, Drew Nilium wrote:

> And what's the deal with the French nationalists. :o Is it like
> nationalists here where they are Categorically Awful People or??

It's probably not important to the plot of Powernaut Comics, but I think
of them as Categorically Awful People.  Every European nation has its
"shut off the borders" crowd, and I've heard about the French ones.  Oh,
please, why do they think French people look different from German people.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org