SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2008 #8-9: Who's Winning?

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu May 21 20:49:31 PDT 2020

On 2020-05-21 09:38, Drew Nilium wrote:
> On 4/16/2020 7:16 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>> Other instructors have included Budo (a freelance swordsman from New
>> Jersey), Mister Discipline (a businessman in Times Square of New York
>> City), a former football player named Peerless, and the guy who once
>> dressed up as the Mad Axeman from Shenandoah.  They each had at least
>> something to say about superhuman history and the modern world.
>
> I definitely wouldn't want to take any kind of class from someone named
> Mister Discipline. o-o
>
> Drew "fifty shades of no way" Nilium

heh!  Now I have to think of how that class went!  On the one hand,
RuPaul can host Saturday Night Live without dressing in drag.  (Mostly.)
  On the other hand, Mister Discipline really does like discipline.  He
might just be visiting, home-school to home-school!

Mister Discipline comes from role-playing, in case you couldn't tell.  I
saw an excellent portrayal of him once, in a game I hosted for
(late-night) convention play.  And mainstream comics of the 1980s and
1990s provided excellent master villains for the team Mister Discipline
bonded together.  I used Selene (from the X-Men) and Sleez (from a
Superman comic).

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org