SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2008 #4: Welcome to Reality House!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat May 9 10:20:01 PDT 2020

On 2020-05-08 17:16, Drew Nilium wrote:
> On 3/26/2020 10:12 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>> On 2020-03-26 14:04, Drew Perron wrote:
>>
>>> Drew "I would put them in the midst of a city where they could Do
>>> Good" Nilium
>>
>> *Convenient* to such a city, anyway.  Recall what superhumans do to
>> property values... and oh, now I'm thinking of whether Our Heroes get
>> a shack or a tenement somewhere.  Still, the series was probably not
>> aimed toward producing *neighborhood* controversy - especially
>> involving novice superheroes.
>
> Hm, that's fair - tho if I was writing it, there wouldn't be a
> "superheroes automatically attract supervillains"
> writing-conceit-that-people-turned-into-a-setting-feature.
>
> Drew "Not A Fan TBH" Nilium

"Automatically attracting supervillains" is a trope that Powernaut
Comics is probably not going to outgrow any time soon.  However, the
current series seems to be avoiding property damage in the neighborhood.
  It's as though the villains have an investment in the Reality House
series or something...  8{D>

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org