LNH: The Core LNH Volume 1: "Basic Politeness Gone Mad!" TEB

Drew Nilium pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri May 1 08:22:02 PDT 2020

On 4/2/2020 11:34 AM, Tom Russell wrote:
> Sat down and read this this morning, Drew. It was very charming and sweet and humane and funny
> - all things I expect from your work, particularly your LNH writing. And that transformation
> into Non-Binary especially had me chuckling. It isn't just a nice parody/repurposing of that
> pivotal moment in the Brood Saga, but a parody with a purpose - one that works on more than
> one level - one that comes organically out of the moment and the character. Neat trick, that.

*bows* Thank you! ^#^ That's how I aspire to use references, to add the energy
of the good art in the culture around me the character and plot energy I'm
weaving together. Sometimes I build the story around that, tho in this case it
was built more around "so what do I, a self-declared SJW, want to do with PC
Person, acknowledging the problems with the concept while also honoring the
actual discomfort that caused people to respond in this way".

Drew "lots of feelings on that one!" Nilium