DIVA: From One to Three

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Mar 30 22:05:52 PDT 2020

On 2020-03-30 17:38, deucexm wrote:

<snip>

> The Jackal-God's expression grew more solemn for a moment, then he closed his
> eyes.
>
> "I must not teach my hate to one so young...
> O child, you must absorb a greater truth.

</snip>

... That is a frickin' mature god.  And it's a beautiful short story.
Or a prelude to one, anyway.

And I notice the god has more well-developed poetry than the little girl
does.  Which makes sense.

Well done.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org