SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2008 #6: History Class!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Mar 30 21:56:37 PDT 2020

History Class!  One of the new students has his own opinion on who was
the first superhero...  Anyway, next the Powernaut teaches Power Class!
Reality House 2008 continues.

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2008b.htm#6

... I've done considerable work on this series ahead of time.  But I
have not yet found the discipline to draw the artwork for this series
when I'm sitting at home at my computer desk (instead of cartooning in
public).  Mostly I relax at my computer by proofreading Project
Gutenberg.  It seems selfish of me to mess with that.

Even if I wanted to... My neighborhood abounds in second-hand furniture
stores where I might buy another desk and ignore my computer.  But those
stores are considered non-essential right now.  Is Home Depot essential?

Oh well, here's what I have for this week.  Right now, I'm good for
another two or three weeks.  That should get us near a series break for
Part 2.

So yeah, I'm one of those people who suddenly has lots of time, but it's
not good enough.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org