SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2008 #4: Welcome to Reality House!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Mar 26 19:12:52 PDT 2020

On 2020-03-26 14:04, Drew Perron wrote:
> On 3/23/2020 1:09 AM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> <snip>
>> (I hadn't considered, the Powernaut is local to the Alabama coastline
>> which has beach houses also.  The team may end up in one such.  But if
>> I were funding the program, I'd put them in the first house in a
>> newly-built gated community.  And there are already some supporting
>> characters who want the Powernaut to be more effective, not less.)
>
> Hmmmmm, fascinating. <3
>
> Drew "I would put them in the midst of a city where they could Do Good"
> Nilium

*Convenient* to such a city, anyway.  Recall what superhumans do to
property values... and oh, now I'm thinking of whether Our Heroes get a
shack or a tenement somewhere.  Still, the series was probably not aimed
toward producing *neighborhood* controversy - especially involving
novice superheroes.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org