SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2008 #5: What Makes You Want to Raise Superheroes?

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Mar 26 18:51:55 PDT 2020

On 2020-03-26 14:10, Drew Perron wrote:
> On 3/23/2020 9:15 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>> The Powernaut builds his household - with the help of the Ferguson
>> family!  But villains are starting to take interest, as Reality House
>> 2008 continues.
>>
>> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2008b.htm#5
>
> Oh, that's rad! :> I like those emotional connections to the concept of
> superheroing.
>
> Drew "family time" Nilium

Hmpf.  I practically had to.

I personally am loose on the concept of "family", as is Wyatt Ferguson.
Yet we don't hate our relatives.  I offered *mine* the same chance for
superheroics, that I offered my role-playing friends.  So my siblings
(and one nephew) are part of SW10 history, and so their avatars show up.

My brother, of course, chose the cool shrinking power armor.  He grew up
as a fan of Hank Pym / Yellowjacket.  My sister, on the other hand,
doesn't recall what power she picked.  But I do.  I shall reveal it to
her during this series, as a surprise.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org