LNH: The Core LNH #5.0: "Basic Politeness Gone Mad!" Part 8

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Mar 22 22:31:51 PDT 2020

On 2020-03-19 15:37, Drew Perron wrote:

>     "WikiBoy, you are... BLACKBIRD, the Lurking-based clone of
> Non-Binary, who got swept under the rug in favor of them due to
> editorial interference!"
>     And suddenly, Non-Binary's cosmic senses were overwhelmed by a flash
> of darkness, a curling, avian shape rising from the moon's surface. They
> could feel it, as Blackbird channeled the frustration of all of the
> characters out there who were well-written and well-characterized but
> unappreciated, considered second fiddles to older characters with more
> name recognition - frustration as powerful as the naked rage of Non-Binary!
>     Non-Binary roared in the vacuum and lifted into the sky. Blackbird
> flew up to meet them, and there was a thunderous unsound as their
> conflicting energies met above the silver sea of dust.
>     And in that thunderous unsound was a voice: Hey. I'm listening.
>     Blackbird responded in a gout of Flame: GO AWAY. GET GO STOP GO AWAY
> FROM ME LEAVE BURN THREAT GET AWAY NOW.

I'm not quite sure who's saying what here.  Isn't WikiBoy supposed to be
the voice of reason in this concentration?

That said, once I assumed that, I enjoyed this story.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org