LNH: The Core LNH Volume 1: "Basic Politeness Gone Mad!" TEB

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Mar 22 22:27:18 PDT 2020

Ah, I thought maybe I'd missed something.  Or perhaps it is more than a
year old or so, and therefore I read it on another computer.

On 2020-03-22 16:34, Drew Perron wrote:

>                     #1.0: "Hope You Survive Et Cetera" Part 1
>                                       ----
> Under six doors, which lead to six rooms, which housed six members of
> the Legion of Net.Heroes, six slips of paper were slipped. Six hours
> later, all six were gathered, sitting in six chairs around a table in
> LNHQ Conference Room Number Six. They looked toward a seventh chair,
> turned away from them.
 >
> "Greetings," said a Serious, Deep Voice, sounding surprisingly
> similar to James Earl Jones. "Each of you has been chosen out of the
> Legion's flabbergastingly enormous membership for an important
> purpose! Due to the aforementioned enormosity, you may not know each
> other - and, worse, the readers may not! Therefore, roll call!" >     "Hell Catalyst! The Blazing Friend! With the ability to
> tele-empathically share her interests, and also might be a vampire!"
 >
> "I do my best!" HC was dressed in a shimmery red-and-gold outfit with
> a high collar and tights. There was a stylized symbol of a puzzle
> piece on fire on her chest. Her hair was curly and deep red, and she
> wore fiery red lipstick and blush on her pale cheeks.
It took me a while to figure out who was speaking what in these sequences.

I'll go make some more comments, on the recent story posts.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org