SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2008 #4: Welcome to Reality House!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Mar 22 22:09:40 PDT 2020

On 2020-03-20 13:00, Drew Perron wrote:
> On 3/16/2020 3:35 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>> The Powernaut builds his household, as Reality House continues.
>>
>> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2008b.htm#4
>
> Ooooooh. The idea of a bunch of young heroes being mentored by a couple
> adults is way better than at least 90% of reality shows I've heard about
> similar to this.

I know, right?  It's just that the Powernaut doesn't do beach party
house in Florida.

(I hadn't considered, the Powernaut is local to the Alabama coastline
which has beach houses also.  The team may end up in one such.  But if I
were funding the program, I'd put them in the first house in a
newly-built gated community.  And there are already some supporting
characters who want the Powernaut to be more effective, not less.)

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org