8FOLD: Daylighters # 10 (Annotations)

Tom Russell joltcity at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 22:09:31 PDT 2020

 _____              _ _       _     _
|  __ \            | (_)     | |   | |
| |  | | __ _ _   _| |_  __ _| |__ | |_ ___ _ __ ___
| |  | |/ _` | | | | | |/ _` | '_ \| __/ _ \ '__/ __|
| |__| | (_| | |_| | | | (_| | | | | ||  __/ |  \__ \
|_____/ \__,_|\__, |_|_|\__, |_| |_|\__\___|_|  |___/
               __/ |     __/ |
              |___/     |___/  ANNOTATIONS

      # 10 - SECRETS AND SNARES

[1] World Defense Treaty Supreme Command Council

Basically, the united militaries of Earth's anti-Pulse coalition,
under a unified command.

[2] stuck in the minors

My favorite thing about Strikeout is that he hates baseball, but since
he's committed to a theme, he's had to learn to use a lot of baseball
lingo and banter -- to the point where eventually he even starts
thinking in baseball terms, in the way that things people joke about
sometimes become actual serious convictions.

[3] Director's Guild of Anarchy

Referenced throughout the Eightfold canon - the first time was in
GREEN KNIGHT # 1 - but this is the first we've seen of their actual
handiwork. As you might expect, they create sophisticated and
realistic illusions through a mix of practical effects and holograms,
in pursuit of revolutionary and anarchist political ends.

[4] only six people in that room

This is referring to the sit-down in DAYLIGHTERS # 6. The six people
in the room were Bethany Clayton (Knockout Mouse), Derek Mason (Blue
Boxer), Melody Mapp (Darkhorse), Julie Ann Justice, Pam Bierce (Loop),
and Claire Belden (Rainshade).