LNHY: Death of Trophy Wife #11: "If You Were A Dinosaur, My Love"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Jun 7 20:16:11 PDT 2020

On 2020-06-07 05:34, Drew Nilium wrote:

> Ted stepped back. Right. Dinosaurs who could speak English, had
> complete knowledge of modern pop culture, and wore little... wait
> just a second. "Are you... *net.heroes*!?"
>
> "See, I *told* you people had heard of us!" The T-rex posed, tiny
> arms doing a sort of 'Walk Like an Egyptian' pose. "Roll call!
> Ridiculous-Dreamer T-Rex!"
>
> The little orange-feathered one reared up, kicking one leg (and its
> huge, made-for-disemboweling claw, Ted noticed) in the air.
> "Argument-Smasher Velociraptor!"
>
> The ostrich-esque one turned her head and posed coolly, sunlight
> glinting off her visor. "Laser-Eyes Dromiceiomimus!"
>
> "Together, we are..." Ridiculous-Dreamer T-Rex made an explody noise
>  with his mouth. "Bkoom! The Dinosaur LNH!"

That concept makes me feel inventive.  I doubt dinosaurs had an Ellipsis
or a Toledo Torpedo, but they probably had a Champion of Death.  And so on.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org