8FOLD: Daylighters # 11, "Airs From Heaven"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Jul 2 20:59:35 PDT 2020

On 2020-07-02 06:42, Tom Russell wrote:

>     "Any other tricks up your sleeve?" says Cal.
>     "I think I can get them a car," says Raidne. "I can drive it
> remotely to their position. I'll patch you through their robot head,
> you can tell them help is on the way. You're on in three, two, one."
>     Great. Public speaking. Definitely her strong suit. "Excuse me,"
> says Cal. "Hi, hello, you don't know me, and I don't know you, but you
> seem like rad people? You need a ride, right?"
>     "Yeah," says lightning chick lesbian superhero.
>     "Cool, My friend is just stealing a car right now. Borrowing a car.
> We're just borrowing a car now, without permission. Be there in like
> two minutes?"

That was my favorite crossover scene of this story.  But I liked the
entire story, even the failures of Our Heroes.  Unlike certain TV
episodes, this isn't just a failure story.  It's more like real life,
wherein some things work and some things don't.

Well done.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org