DIVA/WISP: Pureheart and the Shadow Queen #4

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Apr 15 16:11:47 PDT 2020

On 2020-04-08 21:18, deucexm wrote:

> She took a deep breath.  "... wow, guess I was holding that in for a
> while."
>
> The doctor smiled, in an almost grandfatherly way (though he wasn't/quite/  that
> old).  "Well, I'm glad you told me, then, instead of keeping it bottled up," he
> returned quietly.  "That's a lot of weight to be carrying, so let me share it
> with you.  In fact, let all of us share it with you; we're a crew, after all,
> and that's what we do."

Heh.  I'd be surprised if real-world crews work like that - but it makes
excellent fantasy.  And isn't that what fantasy is all about?

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org