LNH20: Bite-Size Tales of the LNH v20 #21: "Isekai Can't Stand It"

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 12:48:06 PST 2019

On 11/17/2019 4:29 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:
> On Sunday, November 17, 2019 at 1:46:16 AM UTC-7, Drew Perron wrote:
>
>> "And your name, ma'am?" asked Fearless Leader.
>>
>> The prospective net.hero took a deep breath.
>> "I-Can't-Believe-I-Died-and-Was-Reincarnated-in-Another-Universe-as-a-Net.hero-When-My-Only-Talent-Is-Making-Up-Excessively-Detailed-Plans-for-How-to-Improve-Society
>> Lass." She gave Fearless Leader a winning smile.
>>

> I'm slightly disappointed that part of her name isn't 'And-All-I-Got-Was-This-Lousy-T-Shirt'.
>
> Arthur "Needs to be Longer.." Spitzer

Oh dangit.

----

I-Can't-Believe-I-Died-and-Was-Reincarnated-in-Another-Universe-as-a-Net.hero-When-My-Only-Talent-Is-Making-Up-Excessively-Detailed-Plans-for-How-to-Improve-Society
Lass, from here on referred to as Reincarnated Lass, clawed her way out of a
pile of foam play blocks, as the five-year-olds nearby giggled.

"Good job," said Nerf Girl, giving her a hand up. "Your quick thinking *almost*
kept you from falling into the pit trap."

"Thanks," said Reincarnated Lass, smoothing out her skirt. "And I have lots of
ideas for how you could train new members in the future - *and* sponsor
kid-friendly events!"

"Or we could sponsor... YOUR FUNERAL!" With a THUMP! a figure landed on the
bookshelf next to them. The flourescent overhead lights shone off her wickedly
sharp katana. She was wearing an elegant red kimono, covered in curling green
vines and black dragons - but over the top of it, wore a baggy white T-shirt!
And written on that shirt in plain black sans-serif letters:
"It's-Especially-Difficult-to-Believe-That-I-Was-Reincarnated-In-the-Same-Time-and-Place-as-My-Destined-Rival-With-Powers-Equal-To-or-Greater-Than-Hers-And-All-I-Got-Was-This-Lousy-T-Shirt
Lass"!

Somewhere in the distance, Nerf Girl could hear the door to the soundproof
reading nook slap.

Drew "Nilium" Perron, you can call her Destined Lass for short