8FOLD/META: Your Guide to the Pulse War, v 1.0

Tom Russell joltcity at gmail.com
Tue May 28 15:10:21 PDT 2019

On Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 5:06:57 PM UTC-4, Drew Perron wrote:
> On 10/16/2018 12:57 PM, Tom Russell wrote:

> > OCT 2014
> > Nonfiction # 5
> > - Julie Ann Justice blamed for the war
> > Journey Into # 24
> > - Earth allies itself with Kyklokos
> >
> > DEC 2014
> > Mancers # 1-5
> > - Maile Akaka joins the secret circle
> > Darkhorse # 1-9
> > - Kate Morgan rescued
> > - Cal Morgan becomes the Mighty Inch
> > - Kate Morgan mind-wiped by Rainshade
> > - Darkhorse gathers allies from multiverse
> > Mancers # 6-7
> > - Sarah Avery joins the secret circle
> > - The Liekes von Rijn are separated
> > Daylighters # 1-5
> > - [reserved]
> >
> > JAN 2015
> > Mancers # 8
> > - Lydia Black killed
> > - Rainshade head of HR for The Company
> > - David Collins regains his memories
> > - David Collins given the sword Thirteen
> > - Trevor Jeffries revealed as robot
> > Daylighters # 6
> > - [reserved]
>
> This is such a dense period, and even more so after an upcoming project of ours.

Honestly, everything that comes after is probably going to be just as dense - I'm working on arcs now for Mancers, Daylighters, and [redacted] that will bring us into March or April of 2015, and that's when things are going to pivot in a major way.

> > IV.4 War of the Monsters
> >
> > Beasts the size of skyscrapers attack earth's cities seemingly at
> > random. They are fought by smaller monsters whose allegiances and
> > motives are unknown.
>
> :D

I am so excited for this series, Drew!

> > Blue Boxer (Derek Mason)
>
> Big nerd, big sweetie

He has his moments, and his blind spots.

> > Darkhorse (Melody Mapp)
>
> Super cool lady

Agreed

> > Fahrenheit Man (Peter Sampson)
>
> Some dork

He is a bit.

> > Galadriel (Muriel Muunokhoi)
>
> I love her

Gotta bug Saxon to write more

> > Human Zeppelin (Max Lang)
> Wonder what he's up to

Last time we saw him he was wallowing quite a bit. I'm not sure if he's feeling better or not but he's definitely staying out of the limelight.

> > Julie Ann Justice
>
> Everybody's crush

I mean you're not wrong

Writing Julie Ann in a "serious" superhero story (instead of the Zeppelin slapstick stuff or the Nonfiction piece) and as a viewpoint character has been a source of absolutely joy for me.

> > Knockout Mouse (Bethany Clayton)
>
> Definitely needs a lot of hugs

You're not wrong, and she's going to need more of them by the time you're caught up

> > Light Eagle (John Danisee)
> > BORN: 1965 SPECIES: Human
> > Mid-level psionic and retired hero. Counselor and fill-in psionics
> > teacher at Burlington College. Dating GALADRIEL.
>
> Seems pretty cool

SAXON WRITE MORE

> > Medusa
> > BORN: 2014 SPECIES: A.I.
> > Benevolent artificial intelligence network made up of separate
> > self-evolving instances. Radical offshoot of the homicidal GORGON.
>
> I love all the hers

Thank you for helping me bring all the hers into the world. I think she's my favorite newer character -- one of the hers especially, but I'll leave it at that for now...

> > Microdot (Dorothy Jones)
>
> Cute

nods

> > Mighty Inch (Cal Morgan)
>
> The fucking best

big plans for this tiny angry person

> > Rainshade (Claire Belden)
>
> An interesting person, no longer gross, still fistshakeable

I'm really curious what you'll think of Rainshade after this Daylighters arc, and after the Pulse War in general.

> > Shimmer (Kate Morgan)
>
> Super duper cool person, the most valid

Got a soft spot for her, definitely

> > Tina Wazowie
>
> Fuck yes get it girl

But also don't shrink people without their permission

> > Maile Akaka
>
> Deserves all the good things

Working on it

> > Sarah Avery
>
> Extremely valid, get her soda and pizzas

nods

> > Azabeth Collins
>
> Seems pretty cool, big weirdo

a bit, yeah

> > David Collins
>
> Needs a vacation, for _real_

(writing next arc)

oh my gosh you have no idea

> > Trevor Jeffries
>
> Fascinating. We require more data.

Thematically he actually serves a purpose in Mancers that Medusa(s) will in Daylighters - just gonna leave that little tease there

> > June Lash
>
> An even better mom friend

the best cat lady

> > Lieke van Rijn
> > BORN: 1998 SPECIES: Human
> > Doppelmancer, split into two autonomous bodies. Functionally immortal.
> > One of these remains with the secret circle, while the other, called
> > "Angel", has been mind-wiped by The Company, which holds her under
> > surveillance. The two Liekes were desperately in love with one
> > another.
>
> They already needed hugs and therapy before this bullshit

I dunno, I think they were actually like a really stable and well-grounded couple prior to.

> > Jamy Lo
>
> I love also

It's like Dr. Fay but in space

> > Maledux
>
> Fuck this guy

fair - and geez, wait until you get to that  latest Journey Into (which definitely comes *after* Daylighters # 1 - 6 in the reading order!).

> > Monad (Vanessa Morrison)
>
> Amazing. Beautiful. Hashtag goals.

big fan

> > Pinky
> > BORN: 1992 SPECIES: Human
> > Apparamancer. Company teleporter. Swallowed by a demonic mass and disappeared.
>
> Probably also needs a hug?

probably

> > Trinity Tran
> > BORN: 1980 SPECIES: Human
> > Haematomancer. A fugitive who works for The Company in return for
> > their protection. Carrying the child of DAVID COLLINS, who she spied
> > on for CLAIRE BELDEN. Currently keeping tabs on the amnesiac "Angel"
> > (LIEKE VAN RIJN).
>
> NEEDS SO MANY HUGS. DISPATCH HUGOMANCERS.

Keep an eye on Trini - she's like a secret protagonist.

> > Caracalla (Anders Cradle)
>
> What the everloving genderpissing *fuck*, man.

bad guys gonna bad guy

> > Simon Morgan
>
> Send him a Christmas card and a box of actually good chocolate.

he's a good kid

> > First: the Eightfold Universe would not exist if not for Jamie Rosen.
>
> Jamie is extremely cool and should seriously come back sometime.

agreed

> Drew "it's a good universe" Perron

I've had a lot of help. :-)