LNH20: Writer's Block Person #44: "Number Ten Thousand"

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed May 22 20:13:28 PDT 2019

On 5/21/2019 2:14 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 2019-05-21 08:56, Drew Perron wrote:
>> And the people died, in their thousands, and their thousands of thousands; and
>> although the tyrant tried to use the power they had accumulated to hold
>> together the clockwork, it came apart in their hands, and the tyrant shattered
>> as well, and died.
>>
>> And their soul was cast adrift. And finally, in the endless void, they had
>> nothing left to do except think, and feel; and without a body, and without a
>> world, there is far too much thinking and feeling that can be done.
>
> With all these tens of thousands of people in the story, this is an occasion
> where it's misleading to call one person "they".  I'll admit the tyrant was
> effectively genderless while it floated in the Endless Void, and it may have
> taken many genders after that, but he sure seems to have started out male.

No, the tyrant started out without binary gender. o3o Just like Writer's Block
Person, to very much make that connection clear. As Margaret Thatcher
historically showed us, "tyrant" is a gender-neutral word.

That said, I could've made which pronouns refer to the tyrant and which to the
people clearer. X3

> Other than that, this is a great story.

Well thank you. :>

>> Whisperion sighed. "Drew, last time you went uncontrollable super
>> mode, you mildly injured someone who was trying to kill you,
>> destroyed a metal sign, and were defeated by the slightest pushback
>> to you expressing your anger."
>
> That sounds about right, too.  8{D>

Yeeeeeah that's very me. X3

Drew "space gender" Perron