LNH20: Writer's Block Person #44: "Number Ten Thousand"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue May 21 11:14:21 PDT 2019

On 2019-05-21 08:56, Drew Perron wrote:
> And the people died, in their thousands, and their thousands of
> thousands; and although the tyrant tried to use the power they had
> accumulated to hold together the clockwork, it came apart in their
> hands, and the tyrant shattered as well, and died.
>
> And their soul was cast adrift. And finally, in the endless void, they
> had nothing left to do except think, and feel; and without a body, and
> without a world, there is far too much thinking and feeling that can be
> done.

With all these tens of thousands of people in the story, this is an
occasion where it's misleading to call one person "they".  I'll admit
the tyrant was effectively genderless while it floated in the Endless
Void, and it may have taken many genders after that, but he sure seems
to have started out male.

Other than that, this is a great story.

> "Just to make sure, you'd totally take me down if I turned into a
> cosmic tyrant, right?"
>
> Whisperion sighed. "Drew, last time you went uncontrollable super
> mode, you mildly injured someone who was trying to kill you,
> destroyed a metal sign, and were defeated by the slightest pushback
> to you expressing your anger."

That sounds about right, too.  8{D>