LNH: Cover Gallery #1000i

Jeanne Morningstar mrfantastic7 at googlemail.com
Wed May 15 23:23:16 PDT 2019

[A banner on top says: "SPECIAL COLLECTOR'S ITEM 1000TH ISSUE! Don't ask
how we got that number, OK?"]

Bad Judgment Boy is standing in front of a wall filled with covers (many
of which we've seen in this series before) framed like paintings. One of
them is a cover concealed within a black sleeve with a red "X" on it,
labeled "COVER X." Fearless Leader is looking on in horror.

BJB: Look at all these alternative covers we've got lined up for our
special 1000th issue with completely legitimate numbering! We'll be
rolling in dough!

Fearless Leader: NO! If you use "Cover X"--The Legion will DIE!

[Caption: Can YOU solve the mystery of... THE THOUSAND AND ONE COVERS OF
THE LEGION?]

****

Notes: Inspired by the somewhat spurious Marvel #1000 oneshot that's
cashing in on Action and Detective #1000+50s Batman covers. (You can bet
I got the 50s cover of Detective Comics #1000.)

--
Jeanne "The Dark Space Princess Knight" Morningstar

"WOWEEEEEEEEE! Let me outa here! I wanna lick the whole wide world!!!"
--Namor the Sub-Mariner