8FOLD: Victory #3

Jeanne Morningstar mrfantastic7 at googlemail.com
Tue May 7 12:37:02 PDT 2019

On 5/6/19 12:02 PM, Tom Russell wrote:
> Both of these installments were delightful, Jeanne. I particularly like how genre-savvy Kate is, and how she contextualizes things in terms of tropes.

Thanks! Drew and I are both TVtropes veterans. Kate probably was too.
(She probably posted there as a teenager since she is an older
milennial/younger young adult, as opposed to Elaine who is an older
young adult/border of millennial and Gen X like I am.)

> (I'm kinda hoping her roommate knows Kate is crushing on her - it's intense enough on Kate's end that she doesn't seem fully aware of how obvious it might be to someone who is living with her.)

Elinor's definitely someone who's sharp on the uptake but she has a lot
of her own issues she's dealing with, as we'll see in the future. So far
the series has been pretty tightly embedded in Kate's perspective (apart
from bits of Cornelius's narration) and she's very focused on her
immediate superhero problems, so we haven't seen this as much.

--
Jeanne "The Dark Space Princess Knight" Morningstar