SW10/RACCies: Superhuman World and Associated Eligibles for 2017-2018

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Mar 17 17:24:50 PDT 2019

It seems I did not proclaim my eligibility for *anything* in 2017!  I
had a feeling about the awards that year...  But I'll make up for it
this year.  I'll just do the updates below, where needed.

On 2017-01-03 18:52, Scott Eiler wrote:
> 'Tis the season... to put the Powernaut and all his pals up for awards!
> 8{D>
>
> Here I list all the stuff I've worked in the past time unit, regardless of
> universe.
>
> I've taken to grouping the RACCie awards by MAJOR, MINOR, and WRITER.
> That affects the RACCies ceremony (which I'll write for 2017-18 unless
> anyone objects), but that's about it.
>

> ===================== clip & return =====================
>
> WRITER  RACC1:  FAVORITE WRITER:

Scott Eiler  8{D>

> MAJOR  RACC2:  FAVORITE ONGOING SERIES:

- Powernaut
- Superhuman World Wiki

> MAJOR  RACC3:  FAVORITE MINI-SERIES:

- Powernaut 2006 Episode 2 (Heroes of the New Present)
- Powernaut 1964 (Simon the Super Sea Monkey from Mars)
- Powernaut 1987 (Powernaut Year One)
- Powernaut 1988 (If It Comes From Hell, It's For HIM!)

> MAJOR  RACC4.  FAVORITE ARC:
> Any multi-issue storyline that is *not* RACC3 (include issue numbers, if
> known):

These are too big to be mini-series.
- Powernaut 2006 Episodes 3-4 (The Trial of the Powernaut)
- Power School 2013 (Homecoming / Attack of the Terrible Three)

> MAJOR  RACC5:  FAVORITE SINGLE ISSUE (include a short blurb that
> identifies the issue):  I'll just pick the ones that actually are single
> issues.

Looks like I got nothing.

> MAJOR  RACC6:  FAVORITE HERO/PROTAGONIST:
>
> - Powernaut 1964
 > - Powernaut 1987-1988> - Powernaut 2006
>

> MAJOR  RACC7:  FAVORITE VILLAIN/ANTAGONIST:

- Auge von Shaitan (Powernaut 1988)
- Sunbreaker / The Infrared Sunbreaker Choir (Powernaut 1987-1988)
- El Cero (Powernaut 2006)
- Psychovant, the Doom Bear, and Spanker 4 (Power School 2013)

> MAJOR  RACC8:  FAVORITE SUPPORTING CHARACTER:

- The Wolf-Woman of New Orleans (Powernaut 2006)
- Skyhawk (Powernaut 2006)
- Wyatt Ferguson and the Spectral Torch, as the Demon Dude from Hell
(Powernaut 1988)
- Simon the Super Sea Monkey from Mars (Powernaut 1964)

> MAJOR  RACC9:  FAVORITE NEW CHARACTER:

- Simon the Super Sea Monkey from Mars

(The Wolf-Woman premiered on RACC in the 2010 story, "Crucible")

> MAJOR  RACC10:  FAVORITE TEAM:

- Powernauts
- Power School (Chess Team)
- Legion of Net.High School (Chess Team)

> MAJOR  RACC11:  FAVORITE PARODY/COMEDY:
>
> I got nothing.
>

> MAJOR  RACC12:  FAVORITE ACTION/ADVENTURE:
> Series, miniseries, etc.:
>
> - Powernaut!
>

> MAJOR  RACC13:  FAVORITE DRAMA/ACRAPHOBE:
>
> I suppose the Trial of the Powernaut might count.
>

> MINOR  RACC14:  FAVORITE REVIEW TITLE:

Not this time unit.

> MINOR  RACC15:  FAVORITE STORY UNIVERSE:
>
> - Superhuman World / Powernaut ("SW10")
>

> WRITER  RACC16:  FAVORITE PERSON WHO HANGS OUT ON RACC:
>
> everyone's pal Scott Eiler  8{D>
>

> MINOR  RACC17:  BEST DISCUSSION:
> By thread, not participants:
>
> - Powernaut Coming Attractions
>

> MINOR  RACC18:  FAVORITE RUNNING GAG:

Psychovant and the Doom Bear having a Power Cola may not be a running
gag *yet*, but villains having sweet caffeine in their beverages is at
least a common trope.

> WRITER  RACC19:  MOST IMPROVED AUTHOR:
>  From January 1st, 2017 to present:

Well, I think my publication values improved anyway..  8{D>

> MAJOR  RACC21.  FAVORITE NEW TITLE:
> Same as RACC2, but issue #1 must have been on or after January 1st, 201:
>
> I got nothing.
>

> WRITER   THE RABBIT-BREEDER'S CUP:
> Awarded to the most prolific writer in this or *any* amateur fiction
> forum!  We're measuring volume, folks!:

Did I win last time?  I forget.