MISC: THE INDESTRUCTIBLE INVULNERGIRL # 1 Origins! Part 1 - by J. Vandersteen

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Dec 27 22:13:15 PST 2019

On 2019-12-24 12:44, jvdsteen1974 at gmail.com wrote:

<snip>

> "Damn," Invulnergirl's voice sounds from under the debris. "I wish I
> was superstrong as well as invulnerable. Then I could easily lift
> this crap off of me. Now I'm stuck!"

> The kids run towards the debris and start to shove away piece off
> Invulnergirl. Then the superheroine's feet shoot up, kicking off a
> large piece of debris. She gets on her feet, brushing off some dust.
... I'm interested in characters whose *only* power is invulnerability.
  In any reasonable universe, they'd be given special jobs and lots of
support.  But if they start dealing with villains of any sort, they
start getting trapped in pits, and so on.

My own example is Private Danger.
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1944.htm#3

I look forward to seeing how you deal with this concept.

-- Scott