SW10/WWW: Doom Bear 1989 #7-8: I Have Business On My Continent!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Dec 6 23:05:47 PST 2019

On 2019-12-02 19:18, Scott Eiler wrote:
> Seven Doom Creatures take their posts, but that's only the start of the
> Doom Bear's plans this year.
>
> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1989.htm#7
>
> Two more strips this week.  Even if I only do one strip a week from here
> on out, I'll get the story done this year.  But I see no reason to go
> that slow yet.

Bonus Section:  2005 Reprint Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson!  The Doom
Creatures

The Doom Creatures have shown up together on Earth since 1989.   I think
it was 1995 when they fought Total Conversion...  In any case, the world
knows those creatures.  It might be useful to list them and their
continents now.  The creatures sometimes represent specific powers
instead of just Doom; when known, this is listed.  All their powers are
at high superhuman levels, including the powers that come from their
various species.

- The Doom Bear, for North America.  Various evil powers.  These include
mental domination, energy bolts, and the summoning of storms.

- The Doom Pony, for Europe.  Powers of a pony that breathes fire.

- The Little Doom Lion King, for Africa.  Powers of a lion, plus the
ability to impose melancholy upon others.

- The Doom Panda of Gravity, for Asia.  Powers of a giant bear-like
creature, plus mental domination and the ability to decrease or increase
the force of gravity upon himself.

- The Doom Koala of Speed, for Australia.  Super-speed.

- The Doom Spider Monkey of Attitude, for South America.  Probably the
best mental domination of all the Doom Creatures.  Also, the most agile
and difficult to identify.

- The Exploding Doom Penguin, for Antarctica.  Explodes, and reforms
their body afterward.  Is not known to speak.

Each Doom Creature has a Doom Sense.  They sense impending doom.

The creatures roam freely throughout the Earth.  The Doom Pony has
adopted humans in Afghanistan.  The Doom Koala and Little Doom Lion King
have done likewise in the United States.

All the Doom Creatures are male... except maybe the Doom Spider Monkey
of Attitude and the Exploding Doom Penguin.  We can't quite tell.

--
---- Scott Eiler 8{D> -- http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut ----