LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #103: Just Imagine Saxon Brenton's RACCies! Part Two

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 17:10:43 PDT 2019

On 4/21/2019 5:09 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:
<snip>
> Can you just imagine Saxon joining a cascade called Just Imagine Saxon Brenton's
> RACCies!?  Can you?  And can you just imagine it being issue three of that cascade?
> Can you?

I-- I can!?

> And Drew Perron returns with issue 4.  Which do you think between Shoe Devil and the Grapety Purple Man
> will have the longer staying power in this cascade?  And will you bet your sole on it?

I really want to come back to the Shoe Devil. X3

> Mmff.  A [RACCies] cascade.  That's a new twist.  Does this mean I can
> still use the version of Boysenstrawblue I've been crafting based on
> Ursula Le Guin's _Left hand of Darkness_, 'cause this is the
> non-continuity version of the character?

Note to Saxon: I mean you still can o3o

> Objectively speaking, this was not exactly the best thing to do, since
> Mangaman was actually *trying* to find the LNH and get their help, and
> his actions - which included not just whipping out his cool-looking
> lightsaber-like sword but also not only getting footprints all over
> the upholstery - would count against him later in the story.  But he
> was stressed, caught by surprise, and reflexes like that are often
> the only that that keep you alive when you work in the net.ahuman
> conflict business.  Semi-retired or not, he hadn't lost his edge.

This is an excellent point and a good driver for conflict~

> Half a dozen fake snakes sprang out and ricochet all over the cabin.
> "Oops," went Mangaman.
>
> "Actually, that looks more like a carefully coded reference to
> tentacle sex hentai," said Boysenstrawblue.

This, on the other hand, was always kind of a weird comment. o3o NGL

> "Yes, but," countered anonymous RACC reader #1, "these days when
> people come back they need at least a four part storyline with
> crossovers and a die-cut cover enhancement."
>
> "No no no," said anonymous RACC reader #2.  "That's more 90s.
> These days it'd just be a four part storyline."
>
> Anonymous RACC reader #1 raised an eyebrow.  "You think the
> comics industry has learnt its lesson from the speculator driven
> excesses of the 1990s?"

Nowadays it'd be a six-part storyline with a TON of variant covers.

> "Still crashed and unconscious in bed after a late Friday night
> on the turps," said anonymous RACC reader #5.
>
> "Oh?  I guess that means he's one of the guys in the Asia-Pacific
> region, since everybody else is still on the FriDAY side of the
> date line."

Also because Americans don't know what "on the turps" means.

> "People, please, we're wandering off track AGAIN," said
> anonymous RACC reader #3.  "Can we get back to Pointless
> Awards Man II's problem?"
>
> "Yes please!" squeaked the distraught PAM2.

Heeheehee

> "I am not a villain!" said Pointless awards Man II.  "Stop saying
> that!"
>
> "Excuse me?  You locked Pointless Awards Man I in a closet for
> *years* just so you could host the RACCies," said anonymous RACC
> reader #3.  "That sounds like rather selfish, non-heroic behaviour to
> me."
>
> "It's not true!" cried PAM2.  "Stop saying those things!  It wasn't
> me!  It was two other people who are somebody else!  Half the lies
> they tell about me aren't true anyway!"

X3 <3 I love it

> "Okay, so we're agreed then," said anonymous RACC reader #1. "For
> Pointless Awards Man II to come back from the dead, we'd need either a
> four-issue miniseries where he returns to save Pointless Awards Man I,
> an arc of LNH Comics Presents written by his original writer, or a
> chaotic add-on cascade where he appears suddenly, without
> explaination, in the middle of events."
>
> "But anonymous RACC reader #1," replied anonymous RACC reader #2,
> "this *is* a chaotic add-on cascade, and he did in face appear
> suddenly, without explaination, in the middle of events."
>
> "...well shoot, you're right," said anonymous RACC reader #1.  "Sorry
> about that, Pointless Awards Man II, I--"
>
> But he was gone, and the readers could only turn back to their
> computer screens to see what happened next.

I intended this to finish off this thread (so I could introduce far too many
more), but Jamie brought the anonymous RACC readers back and it was AMAZING :D

> Mike stared at the glowing purple rock that had embedded itself in the
> concrete.  Slowly, a hatch opened on its site.
>
> "Young Earthling... you must help me... must take on... the power...
> of Grapety Purple Man..."

I had no idea what I was doing with this.

> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, no idea.

See???

Drew "cascades are super fun" Perron