8FOLD: Journey Into # 25, "The Black Spot"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Apr 9 12:53:38 PDT 2019

This is an excellent story to have as part of the history.  I loved the
negotiations, particularly the banquet dinner.  One never thinks of the
likes of Darkseid having to entertain guests.

But there's one thing I was wondering about...

On 2019-04-08 21:18, Tom Russell wrote:

>     "Fear not!" cries an echoing, mechanical voice from within the
> blackness. "I am not your enemy! I am the One! Alone! The single and
> only free thing in all the universe! Untethered, unchained, a being of
> pure joy and discovery! I AM MONAD!"
>     Bethany blinks. "...'kay. I'm Knockout Mouse."
>     "Well met, daughter of Earth," says Monad. She then turns toward
> Julie Ann. "Child of Vanirron."
>     "Have we met?" says Julie Ann.

Monad seems essential to the mission, and yet she just shows up without
knowing anyone.  And it's not like anyone could have sent her, being One
and Alone and Free and all that.  How else was Julie Ann Justice going
to keep Bethany safe without her?

-- Scott.