DIVA: A Fateful Discovery #1

deucexm deucexm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 17:13:22 PDT 2018

On Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 6:07:00 PM UTC-5, Scott Eiler wrote:
> That's a good introduction to a cosmic crisis, even if I never heard of
> Dio before.

Dio is interesting to write, as his name is kind of doubly derived from Dio
Brando the timestopping vampire from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure /but also/ the
ghostly Prince Dios from Utena.  He resembles neither of them physically or
personality-wise, and is really more of a combination Odin/Zeus figure than
anything else (in the sense that he's peer-to-yet-kind-of-above, but also
The Wise One Of The Group).

Most of the time he's a big grumpy grandpa.  (But like most wonderful
grandpas, not /actually/ grumpy.)

> I'm guessing that Rosewood is not The Name The Gods Forbid Themselves to
> Say.  But maybe some True Enemy is.

You'd be correct!  It's actually the name of the Goddess who's no longer a
part of the Pantheon (whose name I mentioned in Map of the Stars, hoho~).

> Nice way to make Rosewood the pivot of the story.

I won't say she's the pivot of all of them, but the duo of Chaos and Design
does tend to be the impetus for a lot of the larger DiVerse plot points.

> ... and Dio is the God of Time.  He can *make* moments...  He must
> really be rattled.

He is.  :3  And he can, though admittedly he uses time powers /extremely/
sparingly because they can get messy real quick; most of the time it's to
repair things.

> This is a good opening chapter.

Thank you!  <3  I was a little worried it hadn't aged well; I wrote it in
something of a Mood.

-Felix