LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #61: Birth Of A Villain Part One

Jeanne Morningstar mrfantastic7 at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 4 19:16:42 PDT 2018

I rly need to get caught up on RACC. Guess I'll start by rereading this...

On 5/13/18 5:23 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:

>       Chaotic add-on cascade type storylines are fun. >       They are also very messy.

This is true.

>       All of
> which explains (but does not necessarily excuse) the use of fractional
> issue numbers.

I resemble that remark!

> Even the mighty Acton Lord never dreamed of accomplishing what I have done."

What, creating a ton of duplicates of yourself, one of which would join
the Legion?

>          The plan had come together perfectly.  The Legion of Net.Heroes
> was in disarray.  Its most powerful and experienced members were mostly
> retired, on extended leave, or busy with other affairs, and the new
> generation of heroes rising to take their place had not yet developed the
> cohesion and discipline that had distinguished the Legion in its heyday.

The more things change...

> At the same time, the Internet that formed the Legion's home connected more
> of the world than anyone had ever thought possible, linking together
> millions of people with various degrees of computer understanding.

No one had any idea how good they had it before Facebook.
>          "Why is it that villains are always naming themselves whenever I'm
> around?" the teen asked.  "I'm beginning to feel like everybody's godfather."

Rob's funny lines are the best.

>          ARE THEME RESTAURANTS REALLY A BAD IDEA IN TODAY'S MARKET?

The millennials have probably killed them now.

>          KEEP THE CASCADE TRADITION ALIVE!

And so we have.

> [1] There's always one line of a translated anime theme that doesn't
> make much sense. Must... watch... more... anime...

Block Team Epic! Wait, that's an outdated reference now. That was
forever ago in internet fandom years.

>       "But I can also replicate myself," Vector added in two-part harmony.  "I
> fill space, slow down processes, and can transmit myself to any location in
> the world with the speed of thought," four of her chorused.  "

OF COURSE it was Dvandom who came up with the idea Vector could
duplicate herself. And so a lot of the later Vector stories are about
Dvandom-y themes of identiy, finding your moral compass etc.

Jeanne Morningstar