LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #61: Birth Of A Villain Part One

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed May 30 00:52:01 PDT 2018

And coming back around to this one...

On 5/13/2018 5:23 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:
<snip>
> Birth of a Villain was started off by Rob Rogers and as the title
> suggests a brand new supervillain debuts -- Melissa the virus or
> as she called herself back then -- VECTOR, THE WOMAN WHO DESTROYED
> THE NET!

HELL YEAH. :D The birth of not just one villain, but so many characters -
Merissa, the Crime Empress, Time Crapper IV, Those Darn Vectors...

> Also if you're not satisfied with this intro --

--THE INTRO THAT DESTROYED THE NET--

> I also copied Saxon
> Brenton's intro for the Birth of the Villain TEB.  Just ignore the
> parts where it talks about more than three issues.

Heeheehee

> Birth Of A Villain Trade Etherback: Introduction:
>
>       Chaotic add-on cascade type storylines are fun.
>       They are also very messy.

Welp, that's it, that's all you need to know, show's over, folks... okay, okay.

> A lot of the editing herein deals with trying to cope with
> this problem.

Saxon is like the Incarnation of Cosmic Order for the LNH, and we love him for it.

> No footsteps echoed on Scavenger Avenue

Scav Ave

>          The plan had come together perfectly.  The Legion of Net.Heroes
> was in disarray.  Its most powerful and experienced members were mostly
> retired, on extended leave, or busy with other affairs, and the new
> generation of heroes rising to take their place had not yet developed the
> cohesion and discipline that had distinguished the Legion in its heyday.

It's funny because this has never been not true since 1999. X3

> 	NEW YORK -- The "Melissa" computer virus has proved to be a very
> unwelcome guest, turning the digital superhighway against its own users by
> swamping thousands of computers with bogus e-mail.

Heeheehee "the digital superhighway"

>          "Scoff if you like, Easily-Discovered Man Lite," Melissa said.
>          "You know who I am?" Lite gasped, then turned to look behind him.
> There, hanging on a support beam, was a picture of himself with Kid Anarky,
> Sig.Lad and Easily-Discovered Man.  In the photograph he was holding up a
> cotton shirt whose legend blared "I Invaded the Pocket Bureaucracy And All
> I Got Was This Lousy T-shirt."

Heeheeheehee

> Cue opening theme. In Japanese. Subtitles appear below:

I love this entire thing and it has stuck in my head for ages. :D

>   Writers Block Woman, only you can wield the love that saves us
>   Writers Block Woman, champion of justice
>   Writers Block Woman, heroine of this planet
>   And Mouse."

Heeheeheehee yesssss. :D Perfect! Marvelous! Splendid!

>      Mouse slouched around behind her. "Of course, it's 10.30 at night,
> Jaelle still has to pack for the sci fi con she's spending all
> tomorrow driving to, get some sleep, take out the trash and psyche
> herself up for the two anime talks she's hosting, so what does she
> do? Volunteer us for a storyline! Genius! Sheer genius!

Heeheehee. <3 Yessss, insert yourself more, be more indulgent :D

>      Vector looked at the two new heroes and snickered. "Is this truly
> the best the Legion has?"
>      "We are few but mighty!" said Writers Block Woman.
>      "Yes," said Mouse at the same time.

X3 <3

>      "Weren't you paying attention to your enemies?" asked Mouse. "Lite
> insults everyone! He even insults himself where there's noone around."
>      "Hey!" Lite protested. "I can't help but feel that this is a case
> of the pot calling the kettle not only black but metal and hot!"

*snerk*

>       Just as the teaser questions were echoing away, a muscular Chinese man
> with a squirrel on his shoulder poked his head into the restaurant.
>       "Er, hello?  I heard Vector was here, and I kinda wanted to apologize
> for what I did to his car..." the man started.
>       "Wrong Vector," Lite pointed out.
>       "NO CROSSOVERS!" Mouse screamed, throwing a tray of empty Planet Kirby
> glasses at the newcomer.

It was only supposed to be a one-off joke. u.U

>       "But I can also replicate myself," Vector added in two-part harmony.  "I
> fill space, slow down processes, and can transmit myself to any location in
> the world with the speed of thought," four of her chorused.  "Even as we
> speak, I'm occupying the spaces between spaces inside each of the
> Legionnaires, slowing them to a crawl," an octet of Vector cackled.  "Can you
> feel it?  Getting a little Sluggy...er, sluggish?"

Ahhhh, and Dave's the one who brings in one of the most important aspects of the
character, fleshing out the "virus" part very naturally.

>       "It...won't work...against me..." Lite shatnered.  "I managed...to pass
> Calculus...while in REM sleep...."

Heeheehee

> HOW LONG BEFORE THIS STORY SPLITS INTO MULTIPLE TIMELINES?

*whistles innocently*

Drew "still working on WikiLull" Perron