SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2006 #22: The Trial of the Powernaut!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed May 9 15:48:16 PDT 2018

Play God with hurricanes, will he?  The Trial of the Powernaut is on!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2006c.htm

I think I shall neglect to publish Powernaut Comics on Tumblr
henceforward.  For one thing, I don't like the way my posts there
interact with Facebook.  Besides, Tumblr gives me 14 followers, while
Facebook gives me 350 or so (at least on the page where the Tumblr feed
lands, due to some Facebook ads I once placed on impulse).  Stupid
convoluted Internet.  But I'll probably come back to Tumblr in a couple
of days and say, "Hey, if you haven't seen this page yet..."

Bonus Section: Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson! We Resume 2006 Already in
Progress!

People came to this trial, from a superhuman conference in Cuba
(Powernaut 2006 Part 2).  Skyhawk, a.k.a. The Flying Process Server,
there served a warrant upon Karl and the Powernaut.  They are accused of
using their superhuman powers to redirect Hurricane Katrina to hit New
Orleans instead of Mobile.  Which, yeah, but otherwise supervillains in
Mobile would have harnessed the storm to Rule The Earth.

The Power Patrol's legal team could have considered saying, the incident
happened in another universe due to reality shift (Powernaut 2005 Part
4).  But the incident involved a reality storm, and the Powernaut
admitted to controlling it (Powernaut 2005 Part 2).  So they've
apparently declined to say it didn't happen.

I know. - Archie Andrews