LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #64: Birth Of A Villain Part Four

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 21:11:21 PDT 2018

On 6/3/2018 5:08 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:
<snip>
> Joining the Birth of a Villain cascade with #10 is Ben in Plaid who I'm
> going to assume is Ben Rawluk (but feel free to correct me if I'm
> completely wrong about that).

I'm 99% sure that's right.

> Ben wrote the series Teens in Trenchcoats
> and here he introduces another trenchcoater into the mix -- the NTB'r
> known as -- DEADHEADMAN!

Yesssss. :D

> And finally Saxon Brenton dips right into the cascade with #11.5 probably
> because of deeply superstitious reasons he'll let others suffer the
> consequences of writing #12.  (Australians fear the number 12 or so I've
> heard.  I could be completely wrong about.  If so -- please correct me
> because if no one corrects me I'll just have to assume that I'm completely
> right about that.  Ah, whatever happened to Saxon.)

Trolling him into returning, OF COURSE :D

>    "This is the part that's certain death," said Coward Lad, "Right?"

Close - certain undead.

>    "Maybe we should go investigate?" Lite fiddled with his seat belt. "I'm
> not sure I'm comfortable cramped up in a van with someone wielding
> an energy rifle, who seems agitated by Jerr Garcia. Wound a bit tight,
> Twaeila?"
>    "Grr," said Twaeila.

Heeheehee

>    "I can," said DeadHeadMan, "I could slip inside and possess his jaw,
> keep it clenched. Might give you some quiet while you explain what's
> happened?"

Heeheehee

>    They all sat down, quietly thinking.
>    They all sat down, their egos sinking.
>    All at a table, all in despair
>    All at a table, all in a chair.
>
> "This is highly upsetting," said The Mysterious Chairman.
>    "What, the bad poetry or the thread?"

Heeheehee. I love how unnecessary this is. <3

> She is engaging the Legion
> of Net. Heroes as we speak, wreaking havoc and being generally menacing."
>    "So?" asked his Henchman.
>    "So . . . she's putting us out of the job!" said The Mysterious Chairman
> upsetedly.

Aw, hon. It's okay, there's room for two net.villains in this town. (Or... two
hundred, y'know...)

> Who's the man that would risk his life for his brother man?
> TAFT!
> He's a complicated man, nobody understands him but the vice-president . . .
> TAFT!
> He's a dirty mother . . .
> SHUT YO MOUTH!
> I was talking about Taft, you dig?
> WE DIG.
>
> "What was that about?"
> "We were trying to parody SHAFT from memory," said the Mysterious

*snerk* This is a ridiculous diversion and I love it.

> "Fight Scene With No New Heroes Added (I Can Do Enough Damage With
> The Ones Already Here, Thank You Very Much)"

My approach to cascades. (Um, except the part where I hugely expand on the
philosophical implications and get stuck. >#>)

> Continuity note: This was originally written to be #10, but then got
> pushed forward as Ben and Tom posted #10 and #11 themselves. Then I
> finished this, prepared to post, but remembered how fast this cascade was
> running and prudently checked rec.arts.comics.creative. Seeing that Ted
> had just posted #12, but that its events definitely comes _after_ mine,
> this issue becomes #11-and-a-half.

I want to come back to those days. X3 Hmmmm...

>       "Oh crud," said Mouse. She seemed to recognise it.
>       "What is that?" asked the Chinese Guy With The Squirrel On His
> Shoulder.
>       "It's the Writers Block Beast," said Mouse.

*gasp* FIEND! ADVERSARY! NEMESIS! >:o

>       "It's the creature that goes around attacking Writers of this world,
> forcing them to spend less time on their stories, sometimes even forcing
> them to give up writing altogether," explained Mouse, eyeing the WBBeast
> warily.

Not that Saxon would be familiar with this.

>       "So what's it doing here?" asked Coward Lad and/or DeadHeadMan.
>       "At a guess, I'd say it's been attracted, and irritated, by this
> series' high posting rate," replied Lite.

Why did I never have Writer's Block Person come up against this scoundrel, anyway?

>       Meanwhile, something that had been preying on Writers Block Woman's
> mind suddenly came to clarity, for her at least. "My God!" she exclaimed.
> "An Alt.stralian accent! You!" she cried, pointing at the Chinese Guy With
> The Squirrel On His Shoulder, "You're *Cultural Cringe Boy*, aren't you!"

Where did this plotline start, anyway? And did it ever get resolved?

>       "He *can't*," complained Mouse. "He's a joke that Dvandom brought in
> and which the other Writers have picked it up and run with. *We* all know
> who he is, but we can't say his name until Dvandom realises the corner
> he's painted us into and comes out and confirms that his character is
> crossing over. Or says that it's someone completely different. Copyright
> reasons, Mum, copyright reasons!"

:3 I don't think I'm the one who put this quote on the wiki page for the series,
but...

> "You sure that
> you people don't have one of the Crazy Plots around here?"
>       "This is the Looniverse, young man," retorted Writers Block Woman.
> "Around here we use Gibbering In Outright Insanity Plots or nothing!
> You'd do well to remember that."

Heeheeheehee

>      WILL THE HEROES MAKE IT BACK TO THE LNHQ?  OR HAS
> CARMEN SANFRANCSCO STOLEN IT AGAIN?  OR WILL THEY BE
> DISTRACTED BY MEETING SOMEONE ELSE BEFORE THEY CAN
> FIND OUT?

I think it's that last one.

Drew "ketchup" Perron